Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Halls of Illusions - Uncensored Fix/Natural Voices Videos

This right here is not about juggalos, but it's something that's pissed me off nonetheless. And I'm surprised I didn't write anything about it here sooner, because this is from about three months ago.

My personal favorite music video from the Insane Clown Posse is Halls of Illusions. And for years, I've believed they have needed another one (despite the fact that we'll never see another like it again). On Youtube, they have a clear version of the video. Only, it's clean. The uncensored versions seem to be all the same video: poor condition, off-sync and cut abruptly in the end. Given my A/V editing experience, I decided to upload a corrected version onto Youtube: the uncensored version cut (and properly synced) to the censored version of the video. And it fit perfectly.

For added flavor, I decided to upload another version of the video. It's the same video, but the music's pitched is fine-tuned to make Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope sound like Joseph Bruce and Joey Utsler (if you don't know or you can't tell, most of ICP's vocals from 1995-1999 were pitched-up). It turned out pretty nice, and someone commented that it felt like watching a completely different video. Check out the sample:



I know you're asking, "This sounds cool and all, but where are these videos? So I can, you know, watch them!"

The answer is simple: I uploaded them, they were flagged and deleted.

I don't know why. I could speculate that someone assumed the worst because of my username, or was just straight up being a hater. I didn't upload them to hate on juggalos, or send some kind of message. I did it because I think a high-quality uncensored version of the video should be on display on Youtube.

People have whole albums posted on Youtube, and I can't get two videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search