Sunday, August 1, 2010

Answering Comments

Since this blog has started, of course I have been reading all of the comments that are posted. There have been a couple that I felt needed some light shed on though, so I will do just that right now.

First is the most recent comment. It was posted by an anonymous user simply known as Cunt Bitch. And here is what they had to say in the comments section of the blog's YouTube commercial post.

Well you make a good point to some degree; especially with these attention seeking, criminal fuckheads creating negative attention and giving juggalos a bad name.

However, you have to keep in mind that kids will be kids. In that respect, Id assume if they are "true" then as they age they'd appreciate it in a more mature manner (assuming that they are putting on some "white trash wannabee fasad)"


Oh, and I agree the whole juggaloism religious shit is taken kinda way too seriously..but that is just my opinion and everyone has the right to what they think. You didnt see hippies back in the day starting a religion called hippism lol. So yea I think its exploitation in that regard.


Of course ICP wants to make the money. Maybe they are selfish to some extent..hell arnt we all at one time or another? you know what though? if they really valued money over what they are creating and what their audience perceives of them then why wouldnt they juz been mainstream artists to begin with?? Maybe Im nuts but it makes sense to me.


Here's the thing though, I embrace every culture, every belief no matter how much I may disagree with it personally. Anybody that wants to hopp on the family lovin bandwagon is cool with me as long as he aint a child molestin monster, or some mindless biggot. I think I gotta good head on my shoulders to know who's worthy of my loyalty. Anyway, I thought that was basically what bein a down ass juggalo was bout..but to each his own I suppose.


I think its absurd that there's a divide amongst the juggalos because they dont meet up to their "standards".


I say let these kids learn as they grow and mature, if its just a passing fuckin "trend" for them then they'll leave it behind with age, if its NOT then chances are they will still appreciate and respect their juggalo fam but at the same time be level headed.


I aint sayin there's anything wrong with a lil whoop whoop or callin someone a ninja now and then its juz all in good fun and in THAT respect perhaps its you that's taking it a little bit too seriously?


Bottom line though, its actually harmless and not hurting a damn muthafuka out there..when you think about it???

To Cunt Bitch,
First of all, that you for taking the time and reading the articles on the site. Thank you even more for getting most of the things I have been talking about.

By the way, I love the name.

Anyway, there are a few things wrong with what you said:
  1. It's not just kids who bring the immaturity. Most times, its older juggalos who should know better. When they're at an age where "kids will be kids" shouldn't even be a factor because they aren't kids anymore.
  2. Kids under 15 shouldn't even be considered juggalos anyway. First of all, half of the stuff ICP talks about, they wouldn't be able to relate to. And the kids who do wouldn't be able to listen to that kind of music inside of juvie anyway. Secondly, have you been to an ICP concert lately? I can understand a kid who's 16 or 17 sneaking in, but the stuff that goes down in ICP shows is something that kids under 15 shouldn't be subjected to. Especially females, because they would mess around and get someone arrested for feeling up on the wrong girl (because juggalos grope and they do it indiscriminately).
  3. Most people in the suburbs and most kids wouldn't be able to relate to ICP's music. Yeah, people got problems, we all got problems. But those two types of people have completely different issues. One of the only ways someone from the burbs can relate to ICP is through parental issues; but even then, it's like a fat person and a person suffering from bulimia claiming to be going through the same thing because both of their problems involve food. More than ten years ago, ICP talked about killing suburban rich people and rednecks. Now, that comprises most of their fans.
  4. I don't know about your juggalo friends, but most juggalos don't go "whoop whoop" and whatnot once in a while. They do it damn near everyday, whenever it seems appropriate (to them). And what usually followed is glorified ignorance.
  5. If you consider "high standards" looking for people who aren't willfully ignorant, who don't talk like ghetto morons (especially if they come from a suburb; you know recently some (not black) guy from Plainfield, IL called me a "nigga"? How is that not ignorant?), who can relate to what their music is actually saying without making themselves poor thinking that they constantly have to prove how elite they are by buying more merchandise (Juggalo Julz), then you must not have been a juggalo for a long time. Juggalos now a days take something they don't understand (but are so quick to tell you they do) very seriously, and disregarding that ICP (in regard to their content) don't even take themselves seriously. I take them seriously as an independent work, and I have supported them since 1995. If I was an independent artist and I spent most of my life working for success and my fans were people who brought nothing but disgrace to what I've worked towards, a part of me would be incredibly disappointed. Especially if my fans have become a support group for misfit teens. I only say "a part" because at least my bills would be getting paid.
While you get what I'm saying to some degree, you don't get the big picture. And that's okay. Just bookmark this site and check periodically. :-P

This last comment comes from juggalettelady.

ok one of you guys please tell me what it means to YOU to be a juggalo.

Instead of writing a long response, I'm going to put down the response that's on my profile at IJR.

[To me, being a juggalo means] That you're a reasonably strong person that could relate to the lyrics of Insane Clown Posse pre-1999. That you went through real hard ship, but you don't use it to justify your means for doing something. And instead of using it to instill pity, you use it to advance yourself so that you no longer have to see the darkside of life.

It is very simple, and it is completely inspired by what the Insane Clown Posse has done. They took the shit that they went through in their lives, and they turned a negative into a positive. They let it make them stronger instead of letting it tear them apart. On the flipside, most juggalos are the complete opposite. They use their shitty upbringings as an excuse for anything that they happen to do, stupid or not, and are always more than willing to give you their sob story. Instead of advancing themselves, they lay around and spend their days drinking and getting high constantly. Now, don't take that as I'm anti-drugs and anti-alcohol. I indulge every once in a while, but when you spend your days moping around the house, drinking, getting high and playing PS3 (with those things being the only things you are doing with your life), then you have a serious problem.

Those are all the comments for right now. Keep those emails and comments coming. I always read, and I always respond.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search